So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

~ Matthew 6:34


Monday, June 3, 2013

Oh Mr. Sandman ...

Health journey lesson 1: Get sufficient sleep. Period.

I always learn lessons the hard way. I hope I'm not the only one like that in the world. Last night, I got less than six hours of sleep. How'd that work out for me, you ask? No bueno.

I have suffered from insomnia for years, probably due to my PCOS. Nevertheless, I have not been one to have a sleep "schedule" or get the same amount of hours most nights. I am a night owl and can stay up well into the morning hours of the following day if I don't watch myself.

I know that lack of sleep, fragmented sleep, etc., are all helpers in the weight retention department. I'm not entirely sure how many hours of sleep I require per night, but I would assume I hover between seven and eight.

So, from now on, at the tender age of 36, I will be instituting a bedtime for myself. My goal is to get between seven and eight hours of sleep per night. Hopefully, with consistency, a sleep schedule will aid me in achieving my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment